How do I download images to an iPad or iPhone? (iOS)
Unfortunately, storing files on Apple mobile devices is not as easy as it is on Android devices. Unfortunately, we have no influence on that. But we want to make it as easy as possible for you and your clients with this guide. Basically, we recommend downloading rather on PC/Macs and not necessarily on mobile devices because our preview function in the galleries on mobile devices is good enough and it makes no difference for your clients if they have downloaded the pictures or not, as long as their mobile device is online and you leave the gallery online for them.
Option 1: Save a single file
1. open the file in the gallery
2. click on the download button
3. the download screen opens and tells you what's next
4. tap and hold to save it (Haptic Touch) and then press "Add to Photos".
The file is now automatically saved in your "Photos app". You can then find and open it at any time using the Photos app.
Option 2: Save all files of a gallery as ZIP
1. open the gallery
2. click on the 3 dots in the bottom right corner and choose "Download all files as ZIP"
or choose "Download all files" in the client view
3. confirm the ZIP download in the pop-up menue
4. go to the Downloads folder in the Files app on your Apple device.
Open the downloaded zip file with one click. In the same place, a folder will now open containing all the downloaded files.
Open this folder and click the Select button - you can now select all the files and save them from the Files app to the Photos app.
(These steps apply for all downloads with devices that use iOS 13 or later versions. For all previous iOS versions, the following note still applies:
after downloading, your files contain a ZIP file. For further processing a ZIP file you or your client need an appropriate app to unpack the files into the Photos app. Winzip is a free tool, which we recommend :-)Link to this entry
Do my clients need to install any software?
Your clients only need Internet access and a reasonably up-to-date browser such as Firefox, Chrome or a current Internet Explorer (from version 9).Link to this entry
Can I protect my galleries with a password?
Definitely. Just open "Gallery Settings", click on "Security" and define the password your client or everyone else has to enter before entering your gallery.Link to this entry
How long will my galleries stay online?
As long as you want.
picdrop never interferes with your data. This means: we do not change or delete any data unless you explicitly request us to do so. All galleries remain online until you delete them yourself when you no longer need them.
This also holds true for our free plan: all your previously created galleries and all uploaded files will remain in your account. However, if the total amount of files or the number of galleries exceeds the amount included in your plan, the files or galleries can no longer be downloaded nor accessed by third parties, i.e. your clients.Link to this entry
Can my clients upload their own files to my galleries?
If you want, you can also allow your clients to upload flies to your galleries.
Open the gallery (or create a new one just for this purpose) and open the Gallery Settings. Activate "Client Upload" in the "Edit Mode" tab:
Then you can send your clients the link to the gallery. They can now upload their own files at any time by drag & drop or by clicking the upload button.
Can my clients delete files?
No. Only you can delete files from a gallery in your account. (The only exception is that you may also give team members the right to do so.)
Can my clients overwrite files?
Yes, as far as uploading is concerned, your clients have exactly the same possibilities as you have with this option and can therefore simply overwrite files of the same name.
Will my clients be able to download their or other files automatically?
No, If you want your clients to be able to download files again, activate "Downloads" in the gallery settings as usual.
Do I get a message if my client has uploaded files?
Yes, you will receive an email every time your client uploads files.Link to this entry
How can I download videos on my iPhone or iPad?
Here we show you how you or your customers can download a video from a picdrop gallery if they use an iPad or an iPhone.
Although we recommend downloading via Mac/PC, this is the best way to do it on an iOS device in Safari:
tap on the video in the gallery.
tap on "Download"
confirm the download in the iOS prompt
you will find the video in your browser's downloads (the blue arrow at the bottom left)
If you've gotten this far, you've already saved the video on your device.
If you're wondering why it's not showing up in your "Photos" app yet, iOS saves your video in the "Files" app first.
But don't worry, you can drop it directly into your "Photos" app from Safari:
tap the blue arrow in the browser, then tap "Downloads"
go to the video in the download list
tap on the "Share" button at the bottom left and select "Save Video"
yay! The video is now in your "Photos" app
You can also find a click sequence video illustrating the steps above here:Link to this entry
My client cannot access a gallery.
If a client only receives an error message instead of the desired gallery, this can have various reasons:
- The gallery no longer exists or has been renamed. Please send your client the current address.
- Case sensitivity is important when sending galleries. Therefore, you must pay attention to the upper and lower case of the entire address. It is best to copy the link directly and paste it into the mail to your client to avoid typos. Or you can use the "Share-function". Especially when passing addresses on the phone you should be very accurate. Tip: You can avoid such mistakes and make your life easier by consistently writing everything in small letters.
- Your clients' browser does not accept cookies. Please deactivate the password of the gallery concerned or ask your client to use another browser.
- If the gallery or the images stored in it exceed your plan the gallery will not be visible to your client. Please choose a plan that does not exceed the gallery and storage limit to make the gallery visible to your client again.