Trial Month & Contract
Are there minimum contract terms or periods of notice?
We'll make it easy for you:
- If you pay monthly, you can also cancel monthly. (monthly payments are possible in our Lite, Pro and Business plan)
- If you take advantage of the semi-annually payment, you can cancel semi-annually.
- This means that you can cancel an annual payment with all its benefits every year.
What does termination mean?
Termination means that your contract will not automatically be renewed for the same period at the end of the current billing period. In the event of termination, the current billing period can, of course, be used in full until the end. A proportional repayment of the current billing period is not possible.
No period of notice
You will always have until the last day to object to an automatic renewal, i.e. to cancel your plan. We want you to stay with us because of our great service - not because of a adhesion contract. If you no longer need PicDrop, you can leave us painlessly at any time and download all your data without any problems.
What happens in the event of termination?
Your account will be automatically reduced to the free plan at the end of the current, already paid billing period. All your galleries and pictures will of course remain. Existing galleries and images that exceed the maximum of 3 galleries or the 1 GB storage of the free plan are no longer available for third parties and cannot be downloaded anymore.Link to this entry
Can I deduct PicDrop for tax purposes?
But of course! For every direct debit, you will receive a proper invoice with VAT and you can book PicDrop as an expense at the tax office. You can call up and print out older invoices at any time in your account.Link to this entry
Can I install PicDrop on my own server?
Unfortunately, this is not possible. PicDrop is a very complex program that we constantly maintain and improve for you. This also includes perfectly adapted servers and the interaction of several functions. A use on other servers is therefore not possible.
Instead, you can use PicDrop with our Web Integration under your domain, so your clients won't even notice that PicDrop isn't on your server.Link to this entry
Can I switch between different plans?
Of course you can.
If you change to a higher plan, it is immediately active and all remaining credit will be credited until it is used up.
If you switch to a lower plan or the free plan, you will keep the plan you have already paid for until the end of the current period and will then be downgraded.
Details about the PicDrop Business Plan
Our Business plan is the best way to work together about all your photos as a team.
Our Business plan includes all the advanced features of PicDrop. Additionally the Business plan allows you to invite team members into your PicDrop account to be able to work together, smarter and more effectively.
Your advantages with the Business plan:
Collaboration: Invite specific team members to your PicDrop account and manage your images together.
Integration of third parties: Give your image suppliers, agencies and freelancers individual access for smooth collaboration.
Control: With individual access rights, you can control who can access which data and collaborate on your projects.
Real-time communication: Work together internally and externally with image selections, comments, agreements on color flags etc.
Availability: Give your team access to your data from anywhere. Coordinate with colleagues - mobile or on desktop, without any installation.
Smooth transfer: Send and receive all common image formats - simply by dragging & dropping them in your browser.
External provision: Send image collections e.g. for PR/press purposes.
Time saving: Smart voting tools save valuable time for your team.
Automatic archive: Store all assets permanently on up to 1 TB of storage, expandable at any time.
Security: Your data is protected in the cloud. Insecure, local installations are no longer necessary.
German data protection: Of course PicDrop works DSGVO compliant.
The basic price for the PicDrop Business plan already includes 3 team members. Further accesses can be booked flexibly at any time.Link to this entry
How can I pay you?
That's up to you.
You can pay monthly, semi-annually and annually - conveniently by automatic direct debit (Euro area, except GB and Switzerland) or with your credit card (worldwide).
The renewal of your plan can be canceled at any time.Link to this entry
I need more storage space. Is that possible?
What happens to my pictures after the trial month?
After the trial month you are free to choose one of our plans or continue to use the free plan.
If you don't decide for one of our affordable plans, but choose the limited free plan, all your galleries created so far and all uploaded pictures will of course be preserved. If the uploaded pictures exceed the total amount of data or the number of galleries in the free plan however, all exceeding pictures or galleries can no longer be downloaded and accessed by third parties, such as your clients.
Of course, you can always switch to a Lite, Pro or Business plan to continue working without any restrictions.Link to this entry
What are the differences between the three layouts in the Pro-Plan?
In your trial month, as well as plans starting from the Pro-Plan will have three different gallery layouts to choose from.
1. Grid LayoutThe grid layout is the layout that will automatically be used when a new gallery is created. Unless you have changed this in your own default settings. This layout gives your clients a quick, orderly overview of all images. Thus, making it the ideal layout for working with professionals such as picture editors or corporate clients who want to quickly make a selection and get an overview of all images.
2. Masonry LayoutThe main difference between the Masonry layout and the grid layout is that the images are displayed much larger and the arrangement is "fluid". One preview image after the other - this makes the gallery look prettier overall, but it is also a bit more confusing. The layout is therefore perfect for private clients, e.g. weddings, where presentation is more important than selection and quick comparison of similar images. Especially in combination with the large cover picture (also included in the Pro-Plan) your galleries will look much more impressive.
3. List LayoutThe list view is intended for fast file exchange between professionals working together on a project. If you're looking for a file with specific attributes such as dimensions or file type, this view is great for sharing with post-producers or staff who know exactly what they're looking for and need quick access to it. We recommend that you sort the view in the gallery settings so that the last upload is always on top.
Get the LayoutsYou can switch between the layouts in each gallery in the Pro and Business Plan. Here you can upgrade to these plans. Link to this entry
Where can I find my invoice(s)?
Why does PicDrop cost money?
With PicDrop we would like to offer you a reliable service on which you can depend 100%.
We ourselves have seen, used and loved many tools that unfortunately had to stop working after a while because they only concentrated on popularity or great features rather than on how they can finance themselves and pay the next server bill. We do not speculate on being bought by an internet giant for millions of euros on day. Instead, we want to offer you a great service that you like to pay for. This is the only way to ensure that PicDrop will remain for many years to come. Therefore, that's why PicDrop costs money.Link to this entry
Will I be notified before my Pro-Plan is renewed?
We don't want to annoy you with emails every month. In your account settings under "Your plan", you will always find all the information about your current plan and when your subscription will be automatically renewed.Link to this entry