For problems with very slow uploads, aborts or incomplete uploads etc. we recommend the following procedure:
In the browser:
1. Restart your browser and computer. Very often the problem has already been solved afterwards.
In Lightroom Classic
1. Please try to change your FTP settings from FTP and port 21 to SFTP and port 22. If this is already the case with you, please try the other way round. In many cases, this should help.
1. Please check the speed of your internet connection. Unfortunately, it is still the case that even the fastest lines (DSL, cable, etc.) have a rapid download, but the upload speed is only a fraction of this speed. You can find out how this works for you in the contract details of your Internet provider or you can just test it. At speedtest.net you can test the speed of your line and send us the results of the test in case of further questions.
If you have the possibility to test another computer or to test your computer via another internet connection, we can also recommend this to detect the error.
2. Please check the settings of your router, your possibly installed firewall, and possibly installed browser extensions. Does it work better after a short deactivation of firewall and extensions? (Attention: don’t activate again!) If yes, please check the settings of your firewall in more detail. Uploading via a network cable instead of via slow WLAN is also optimal.
3. Please remember, parallel downloads or streams (music, videos etc.) slow down the speed of your upload extremely!
None of these are helping.
In this case, it is very possible that your internet provider has blocked the FTP-Port (21). This is occasionally the case in public WLANs, in hotels and holiday homes, at airports etc… Or a bad Internet provider. Some providers want to prevent the misuse of “their” Internet connection, but unfortunately, also block serious services such as your upload.
Have you already looked for another internet connection or just tested it with friends, colleagues or neighbors?
If you have tried all of the above and your upload still doesn’t work correctly, please send us an e-mail to email@example.com. Thank you!