What does the PicDrop Web-Integration do exactly? Below we’ll explain briefly and concisely just that. Maybe this will make it easier for you to decide if the PicDrop Web-Integration is right for you!
- The Web-Integration of PicDrop works as a redirection from your website to the corresponding PicDrop gallery.
- The Web-Integration above all has an influence on the appearance of your gallery links.
- The gallery link to a fictitious gallery in PicDrop WITHOUT Web-Integration looks like this: www.picdrop.com/youraccountname/galleryname
- WITH the Web-Integration, the link will appear like this: www.yourwebsite.com/clients/galleryname (path 1), or like this: https://picdrop.yourwebsite.com/galleryname (path 2).
All galleries and associated gallery links created before the Web-Integration was installed will remain unaffected by the Web-Integration. The links do not change when the Web-Integration is installed on your server. The PicDrop Gallery link will still be displayed in PicDrop even after the Web-Integration has been installed. When you select PicDrop from your Web-Integration, you can find the corresponding gallery link adapted to the Web-Integration. Both links work in parallel.
Please note: PicDrop CANNOT be installed directly on your server. This is because PicDrop is a very complex program that we are constantly fine-tuning for you. Furthermore, perfectly adapted servers and the interaction of several functions belong to PicDrop. The use on other servers, therefore, is not possible.
Of course, you can use PicDrop under your domain and with your logo etc. If you want, none of your clients will notice that you use our service for your work. You can find more information in your account settings. There you will find the following options:
PicDrop under your domain
With the web integration, you can run PicDrop under your own domain so that we remain invisible to your clients.
For example, www.picdrop.com/maxmustermann/gallery becomes www.maxmustermann.com/client/gallery.
Client login on your site
You can also display the login field for your client accounts (BETA) on your own website. For this, you need knowledge in the area of web programming or some support from your webmaster. This feature is also still in beta and details may change.
There can be several reasons for this.
- You are using an exotic server that does not run with Apache or does not support PHP. Unfortunately, we cannot do anything for you at the moment.
- During the installation, you first named the address in the browser and then renamed the folder. Unfortunately, this is not possible and can cause errors. Please delete the folder again, upload the web integration again, rename the folder first if necessary and then move it up via your browser to complete the installation.
- Have you possibly uploaded your image data to your own server? Note: You must continue to upload your images to your PicDrop space and not to your own server. The web integration is “only” a kind of redirection that ensures that you can use PicDrop with your own address.
- Complications may occur if you have WordPress or other additional software running on your server. In this case, please contact your webmaster, as we have no influence on this.
- Still nothing? Write us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will see what we can do for you!
There can be several reasons for this error:
1. Deactivated cookies for you or your clients:
Make sure that cookies are activated in your browser and that your clients have also activated PicDrop cookies for third parties. Access to password-protected areas is not possible without cookies. Alternatively, deactivate the password to allow your client access to the gallery.
2. An outdated web integration on your server:
You are still using an old web integration. Please download and install the latest version of the web integration. You can find the download of the web integration again in your account settings and you can simply overwrite your old web integration.
3. Other installations on your server (WordPress and Co.)
Probably other applications such as the popular WordPress or Drupal, Joomla or a framework are running on your server or storage space. They often save certain addresses like www.yourname.com/gallery etc…. If you or your client try to call PicDrop via your web integration, this application “kidnaps” the entered address and displays error messages instead of PicDrop. To eliminate or exclude these applications as error causes, please change your WordPress or other programs on your server and exclude your PicDrop folder from their functional range. If you have detailed questions, please contact your programmer or system administrator or the manufacturer of the corresponding program to change this behavior.
If your server meets all basic requirements (Apache and PHP support), but still displays error messages during installation, please send us an email to email@example.com. In this email please tell us your username and the exact address under which your (non-functioning) web integration is located. We will immediately send you a customized web integration that should fix all problems.
You have managed to install the web integration on your server. The gallery overview can easily be called up via the new address (www.yourname.com/picdrop/), but when you call up individual galleries via their addresses (www.yourname.com/picdrop/gallery), your website only spits out errors.
The solution is very simple: please also upload the file “.htaccess”, which is included in the ZIP of our web integration. It seems to be missing.
Unfortunately, uploading this file is often forgotten as it is not displayed on many PCs. Some operating systems view the .htaccess file as part of their system files and therefore hide it. If you can’t find the file, show the “hidden files” (or similar) in the settings of your operating system or your FTP program. After that, you can also see the .htaccess file and upload it to your PicDrop folder.
If that doesn’t work or you need help, you can reach us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We know the problem of users whose website is hosted by Host Europe.
Please send us an email to email@example.com. In this mail please give us your username and the exact address under which your (not working) web integration is located, e.g. www.mypage.de/clients. We will immediately send you a customized web integration that should fix all problems.
All you need to do is unpack this new web integration to your hard disk and select the folder contained in the FTP program as a whole, upload it and overwrite the old folder on your server.
The web integration and installation instructions can be found in your PicDrop Account Settings under the menu item “Website“.