Yes – You can create multiple PicDrop accounts with one email address.
Just log in to your existing PicDrop account and create a new account in the account settings, in the area “Accounts” via the green button (“Create new account”).
If you log in again with your known access data after that, we will always ask you which of your accounts you want to access.
While you are logged in, you can switch between your accounts via the menu in the upper right corner or in your account settings without having to log in and out.
Easy as that!
it’s currently not possible to use two or more user accounts with one email address AND still have FTP access to your PicDrop accounts.
By creating a second user account with the same email address you will lose FTP access to all your accounts. Please only use this function if you don’t need the FTP access.
You have already created a second user account and lost FTP access?
To regain FTP access for your main account please delete all additional user accounts. Then contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take care of it for you!
You can easily move or copy pictures from their current gallery to another gallery in PicDrop.
This is a step by step guide on how to do this.
First select the pictures you want to move or copy. To do so, click on the blue plus sign that appears in the upper left corner of the image when hovering the mouse over it.
Pro tipp: You can also quickly select any number of images to copy or move from a saved selection or any filter set in the filter bar.
When you have selected all images, click on the Move / Copy images icon located in the export bar at the bottom of the screen.
In the opening menu you can now choose whether you want to move or copy the pictures. Select the desired target gallery in the list of your galleries or simply create a new gallery in the lower left corner.
Confirm the selected action with the button at the bottom right.
The success message shows you that all pictures have been copied or moved.
With a click on the button “Go to target gallery” you will be taken directly to the target gallery.
The color markers within PicDrop are a very simple and quick way to mark those images that you want to use or select in the end.
They are primarily suitable…
- When only one person should work on a selection. To get started, it requires no training and you can mark images directly. However. that also means color markers can be overridden at any time – and by every visitor to the gallery. So it’s a good idea to use the color markers if you are only working with one customer in the gallery.
- To “narrow down” a selection. For example, the customer can mark his first favorites “orange”, use “green” as the favorites of that selection and “red” for pictures that should not be used. Therefore your customer gets through the selection step by step and can approach the final decision.
Pro Tip: Set the gallery in advance so that the pictures are sorted by color (backward). Thus, the selection also visually separates in front of your customers.
- For fast, real-time voting, for example, while on the phone or via Skype. Color markers are immediately visible on any computer or smartphone on which the gallery is open. This makes them very well suited to make direct arrangements that the counterpart should see in real time.
They are not suitable…
- To map selections of multiple people in a gallery. If several people are to express their opinion on a set of images, the color markers often get in the way. Each change in the gallery will overwrite it. Therefore, we advise against the use of color markers when working with several people in a gallery.
When is the best time to use the image selection function?
PicDrop’ss image selection feature helps you capture and store multiple views of your customers in a gallery. Your customers use them best to set final favorites in a gallery. One of the most important things in creating a picture selection is remembering to save and name them. Therefore nothing stands in the way of further work with the selection.
It is best suited…
- If several customers should select pictures. You have shared the PicDrop gallery link with several customers and they should each give their assessment of the pictures. Each picture can be selected several times.
- To set several selections for different purposes. An endless number of image selections can be created in a gallery do not affect the overall gallery. However, the selections should then be named accordingly, so that you can identify them to the respective customer or purpose.
Pro Tip: Picture selections can be moved and copied to a different gallery with just a few clicks.
- To finalize a selection. By creating an image selection your customers can easily tell you which images are for final editing or go to print.
It is not suitable…
- As a step by step selection. However, the color markings and their filter options are simply clearer and intuitively understandable for your customers due to the color scheme.
- For real-time coordination with your customer. In order to make arrangements with your customer in real time, the image selection is a bit cumbersome, better to use the color markers.
Why shouldn’t’ both be activated at the same time?
In general, we recommend to enable only one of them (either color markers or image selection) per gallery for your customers. This prevents misunderstandings and confusion when using PicDrop. In conclusion, the color markers should be understood as temporary markers and image selections as saved image sets that you can recall at any time to continue working in the gallery.
If you want to send a gallery to your clients, you can either copy & paste the link to the gallery and send it via any channel. Or you can send a mail using the “Send” button within the gallery. Here PicDrop gives you by default a general text, which fits every situation, but doesn’t look very individual.
If you would like to make this text more personal, you can adjust it in the account settings. Open there the point “Your text templates” and click on “Create new template”.
There you will see the standard text in an editor. In this editor you can customize the mail as you like and save it under a name. Beside the (only visible for you) name of the template and the subject the e-mail is divided into 4 areas:
- Greeting and beginning of the message
- Note to the gallery password
- Note on the PIN in the presentation mode
- End of the mail and farewell
You can freely edit points 1 and 4 and be creative. It is important that you do not forget to insert the placeholder for the gallery link. All placeholders are already included in our template. However, if you have deleted them and want to insert them again afterwards, you can place them again in the text at any time using the “Insert placeholders” function. Make sure that the placeholders for the “Password” and the “PIN” end up in the respective areas 2 and 3.
You can also freely edit the already mentioned areas 2 and 3. But: It is important to know that these areas are only inserted into your mail when the respective function is active in the gallery to be sent. The sentence “The password is “password123″. (without quotation marks)” is only inserted if a password is active at all. This ensures that you will never forget to send the password for a gallery. PicDrop thinks about it for you. The same applies to the PIN to switch to the Edit Mode. So it doesn’t make sense to put these topics in item 1 or 4. Just keep them separate and leave the rest to PicDrop.
Of course you can create as many templates as you want. Afterwards you can open your templates in the “Share” area of each gallery with one click and save a lot of work with each gallery sent to you. When sending, you can then decide whether you want to send the mail via your own mail program or via PicDrop.
The color markings, which you can find above each thumbnail in the image overview and below each opened image, are intended to better capture the different stages of image processing or image selection.
For example, you can mark pictures with the color “green”, which you feel is finished, and your client can set them to “final” if he agrees or downgrades them to “orange” if he still has change requests. This is just one example of many ways you can use the color markers.
We have deliberately kept the functionality open because every photographer and every client has his own way of working. Soon you will also have the possibility to label the three colors in your account settings yourself.
In many image editing programs, you can use the file search to display exactly the images of a selection of images from PicDrop. This saves you the trouble of searching for each individual file. Below we will show you how it works.
The steps in PicDrop
- Open in the gallery the selection that you want to filter out locally or mark the pictures with the selection function (blue plus sign in the picture overview)
- Click on the “Export Selection” icon in the selection, bottom right. There you will find the various possibilities to filter the selection in Lightroom or in your Finder/Explorer etc. – without a long search.
- Copy the corresponding file lists to the clipboard.
Please continue on your computer with your favourite tool:
The steps in Lightroom Classic
- Open the Shooting folder in Library mode
- Press the ESC key to display the filters at the top
- Select the category “Text”
- In the drop-down menu, select “File name” and “Contains”
- Copy the file names into the search field
- Only the images that were previously saved in the selection are seen
The steps in Capture One
In Capture One, open a folder with the images you want to filter
In the C1 menu, click Select > Select by > Filename List …
- Copy the content of your clipboard into the search field
- Select “Space” as a delimiter below the search field
- Click “OK”
All images of your PicDrop selection are now selected in Capture One. You can save them as a new collection or continue working with them however you like.
The steps in Photo Mechanic
1. Open the corresponding project folder in Photo Mechanic
2. Paste the text from the clipboard into the white search field (via menu Edit > Find… or cmd-F on Mac or Ctrl-F on Windows) and set the following search options
- Find: Any of the words
- In: All items
- Searching: ☑️ file names
After clicking “Find” in the lower right corner, Photo Mechanic will select all the photos in your selection from PicDrop and you can continue working with them.
Please note that the search in the upper left corner of Photo Mechanic (“Search my Mac”) cannot be used for these steps.
The steps in Mac Finder/Windows Explorer
- Open the folder where the pictures are located
- Click on the normal search
- Copy the file names into the search field
- Images that were previously saved in the selection will only be seen
Please note that the filter text in the Explorer is limited to 259 characters. The filter text in the Finder is limited to 2048 characters or 99 files.
There are four ways to rename a gallery:
- Open the corresponding gallery and click on the three dots in the upper left next to the gallery name. There click on “rename”.
- In the gallery overview (listing A-Z), move your mouse over the name of the gallery and click on the three dots in the upper left corner next to the gallery name. Click on “rename”.
- On the right side of your gallery overview, you will find the same three dots at each gallery, if you move the mouse over the gallery. There, too, simply click on “rename”.
- Finally, you can log in to your PicDrop account with your FTP program and rename the gallery there.
Please note, when you rename a gallery, the direct link to the gallery always changes. The old link becomes invalid and can no longer be accessed by anyone. If you have shared the link with someone before, send them the new link if necessary. The secure link to the gallery, however, remains and can be accessed further.
There are four ways to delete a gallery:
- Open the corresponding gallery and click on the three dots in the upper left next to the gallery name. There click on “delete”.
- In the gallery overview (listing A-Z), move your mouse over the name of the gallery and click on the three dots in the upper left corner next to the gallery name. Then select “delete”.
- On the right side of your gallery overview, you will find the same three dots at each gallery, if you move the mouse over the gallery. There, too, simply select “delete”.
- Finally, you can, as always, login into your PicDrop account with your FTP program and delete the gallery there.
To delete multiple images at once, select the images and click on the delete icon in the lower right corner.
To mark several images you can use the selection function or drag a “frame” around the desired images while holding down the left mouse button.