Yes – You can create multiple PicDrop accounts with one email address.
Just log in to your existing PicDrop account and create a new account in the account settings, in the area “Accounts” via the green button (“Create new account”).
If you log in again with your known access data after that, we will always ask you which of your accounts you want to access.
While you are logged in, you can switch between your accounts via the menu in the upper right corner or in your account settings without having to log in and out.
Easy as that!
It’s currently not possible to use two or more user accounts with one email address AND still have FTP access to your PicDrop account.
By creating a second user account with the same email address you will lose FTP access to all your accounts. Please only use this function if you don’t need the FTP access.
You have already created a second user account and lost FTP access?
To regain FTP access for your main account please delete all additional user accounts. This automatically restores FTP access for your main account.
- Collaboration: Invite specific team members to your PicDrop account and manage your images together.
- Integration of third parties: Give your image suppliers, agencies and freelancers individual access for smooth collaboration.
- Control: With individual access rights, you can control who can access which data and collaborate on your projects.
- Real-time communication: Work together internally and externally with image selections, comments, agreements on color flags etc.
- Availability: Give your team access to your data from anywhere. Coordinate with colleagues – mobile or on desktop, without any installation.
- Smooth transfer: Send and receive all common image formats – simply by dragging & dropping them in your browser.
- External provision: Send image collections e.g. for PR/press purposes.
- Time saving: Smart voting tools save valuable time for your team.
- Automatic archive: Store all assets permanently on up to 1 TB of storage, expandable at any time.
- Security: Your data is protected in the cloud. Insecure, local installations are no longer necessary.
- German data protection: Of course PicDrop works DSGVO compliant.
In principle, you don’t really need to worry about it. PicDrop always supports the last three versions of the most popular browsers. These versions include all modern and up-to-date browsers that are currently in circulation and are used by a very large proportion of users. The used browser should, therefore, be compatible with PicDrop for you and your clients.
A detailed list of the browsers PicDrop gets along with, you can still find here:
The desktop version works with:
- Google Chrome version 91 or higher
- Safari version 14 or higher
- Edge version 91 or higher
- Firefox version 90 or higher
The following browsers can be used in their mobile version with PicDrop:
- Safari iOS version 13.4 or higher
- Chrome for Android version 94 or higher
- Firefox for Android version 92 or higher
- Samsung Internet version 13 or higher
- and the UC Browser for Android version 12.12 or higher
You have received an email and you are not sure if it was really sent by PicDrop?
Here you will find everything you need to know and steps on how best to proceed:
- Please check the sender of the email first. Is it the same sender that you typically receive PicDrop notifications and news from? Our emails always come from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be careful that it’s not an unusual email address that you haven’t seen before.
- Are you prompted to enter your PicDrop login details? We will never ask you to enter your login information on any site other than https://www.picdrop.de or https://www.picdrop.com.
- Are you still unsure? Please contact our support at email@example.com, we can assure you which emails we have sent and which we have not.
Why should I even doubt emails that look like PicDrop?
On November 2018, PicDrop became aware of emails and a fake website trying to pick up user data on our behalf. These were so-called phishing emails.
What are phishing emails?
With phishing, users are lured to fake websites by receiving emails that are often confusingly similar to emails from well-known providers. On these pages, which usually have exactly the same look as the pages and emails they are supposed to imitate, login data is queried. This serves the purpose of “fishing” this data so that the perpetrator can then use it elsewhere. Hence the term “phishing”.
Keywords: email, phishing, security, password
The operation of PicDrop is simple and intuitive, as is the naming of your galleries. However, in some special cases it may be helpful to know which characters PicDrop supports when naming your galleries.
You can use the following characters in your PicDrop gallery names without any problems:
- A-Z (lower & uppercase)
- äöü (lower & upper case)
- _ – ( ) .
- As well as spaces if they are not at the beginning or end of the gallery name
The following characters are automatically converted or reduced by PicDrop into your gallery name:
You enter: & or + PicDrop changes to: und
You enter in: ß PicDrop changes to: ss
You enter: á PicDrop changes to: a (letters with diacritical characters are reduced to the basic letters if possible – with the exception of German umlauts)
All other special characters in the gallery name are not supported by PicDrop and will be removed from your gallery name.
The following file formats can currently be uploaded to PicDrop and displayed:
|Picture Formats||File Suffix||Picture Preview?||Download?|
|Photoshop||PSB||No picture format|
|MPEG||HEIC||No picture format|
|RAW-Format||File Suffix||Picture Preview?||Download?|
|Other Formats||File Suffix||Picture Preview?||Download?|
|Canon (new formats)||CR3||No picture format|
|Text files||TXT||No picture format|
|HDR||HDR||No picture format|
|OpenEXR||EXR||No picture format|
|Metadata||XMP||No picture format|
|No picture format|
|Capture One||COCATALOG, COMASK, COS, COF, COP, COT, EIP||No picture format|
|Videos||MOV, AVI, M4V, MPG, MPEG, MP4, WMV, FLV, RM, MTS||No picture format|
|Audio||WAV, MP3, MXF, XML||No picture format|
|Graphic files||EPS, AI
No picture format
No picture format
|Others||BIM||No picture format|
|Please note, errors may occur with RAW formats of newly released cameras, as the camera manufacturers do not publish their RAW “recipes”. However, we try to keep up as fast as possible and display the pictures reasonably correctly. Feel free to write us! (firstname.lastname@example.org)
*We recommend to deactivate the alpha channels so PicDrop is able to show a clean picture preview.
Just you. No one else.
To share galleries with third parties, you should always send the direct link to the desired gallery.
No, unfortunately we don’t offer such a service.
No. With PicDrop we want to offer a lean, perfect service for the selection and transfer of image data. Selling images and ordering prints is a very large, complex area that other vendors are already doing well and is not on our agenda.