In each of your galleries, you can activate or deactivate all functions individually. You can tailor your galleries perfectly to every client and every project. You are able to do this in each gallery in the upper right corner under “Gallery Settings”.
- Layout: Here you define the appearance of your gallery. and how your pictures should be arranged.
- Sort by: Here you select how your pictures are sorted by file name, color flag, capture time, upload time, file type, file size, and image dimensions are available as options.
- Welcome Message: Here you can welcome your customers to their PicDrop gallery or give them specific instructions along the way. The text will always be displayed above the pictures in the gallery.
- File information: Choose what your customers can see when clicking on a single image.
- You can also decide if your customers should be able to navigate to sub-galleries and vice versa.
- PicDrop is available in English and German, here you can define in which language your customers should see PicDrop. If you do not set anything, PicDrop automatically detects the browser language of your customer and then displays the gallery in German or in English.
PicDrop’s Edit Mode are for collaborating and communicating with your customers. Here you can decide what your customer can do.
- Downloads: Here you can specify whether your customers may or may not download your original images.
- Picture selections: With the picture selection function you can set specific photos in a gallery. With a click on the blue + at the upper left edge of the picture, the picture is added to a set of selections. After completing an image selection, it must be saved and named.
- Color markings: With the color markers you can very quickly and easily make decisions and assessments with your customers. In the picture overview at the upper right edge of the picture or in the single picture display under each picture, the color marking menu appears and each color can be selected with a single click. The colors red, yellow, green and FINAL are available. (Pro-Tip: Sort the images in the “Appearance” area by color markers and downwards.) This automatically sorts your images in the overview according to color and displays them separately, which makes it extremely easy to filter out favorites.)
- Comments: By activating the comments your customers have the possibility to write comments on each picture in the gallery. The comments will be displayed at the bottom left of the picture and can be created in the same place.
- Customer upload: If you want your customers to upload images to the gallery as easily as you can, then activate the customer upload.
- Print contact sheet: For further coordination, you can also activate the option for your customers to print a contact sheet.
Here you are able to protect your pictures with a watermark and password. But above all, you can specify the address at which your gallery should be accessible.
- Gallery Links: There are several ways your gallery links can look. You can choose between plain & secure link, secure link only, and private. The secure link consists of your PicDrop account name and the gallery name, for example, www.picdrop.com/accountname/galleryname. The secure link is created from your account name and a randomly generated letter and number sequence such as www.picdrop.com/accountname/combinationnumbersandletters, If you set your gallery as private, it will only be visible to you as an account owner and added customer accounts.
- Password: Regardless of the shape of the gallery link, you can create or have an additional gallery password created for each gallery. We generally recommend this additional step to secure the gallery to all users.
- Watermark: To protect your pictures, you can activate the PicDrop watermark function. For this purpose, enter one or more desired watermarks in your account settings, for example with your logo. These can then be selected in the gallery settings.
Please note: Activating and disabling watermarks for a gallery can take some time. Please be patient while the function is applied before making any other adjustments to the gallery settings. It is also important to know that we do not overwrite the watermarks on your original pictures since we will never change your files. Instead, we put the watermark over the thumbnails so they are protected from screenshots. Even though watermarks are enabled, the original files can be downloaded. Make sure to deselect download as a function in the gallery settings.
The Presentation Mode is a specific way for you to deliver a gallery to your customers. It focuses on the beautiful presentation of your pictures and puts the practical PicDrop functions in the background. The presentation view is available for you in some plans. All features of the presentation view are also available in details in our FAQ.
- Starting the gallery in Presentation Mode: The essential setting for the presentation view is its activation/deactivation.
- Since some of the familiar PicDrop functions are not active in the Presentation Miew, if you would still like to use these functions with your customers, you should activate the switch to Edit Mode. You can apply this change by entering a 4-6 digit PIN number.
- You can hide red marked images in the Presentation Mode from the gallery, so you can present the best pictures.
Don’t forget to save!
If you have set everything, you can save your settings by clicking on “Apply Changes“. To make sure that your customer gets exactly the settings you expect. Select “Client View” in the top right corner to see how your clients will see the gallery!