The color markers within PicDrop are a very simple and quick way to mark those images that you want to use or select in the end.
They are primarily suitable…
- When only one person should work on a selection. To get started, it requires no training and you can mark images directly. However. that also means color markers can be overridden at any time – and by every visitor to the gallery. So it’s a good idea to use the color markers if you are only working with one client in the gallery.
- To “narrow down” a selection. For example, the client can mark his first favorites “orange”, use “green” as the favorites of that selection and “red” for pictures that should not be used. Therefore your client gets through the selection step by step and can approach the final decision.
Pro Tip: Set the gallery in advance so that the pictures are sorted by color (backward). Thus, the selection also visually separates in front of your clients.
- For fast, real-time voting, for example, while on the phone or via Skype. Color markers are immediately visible on any computer or smartphone on which the gallery is open. This makes them very well suited to make direct arrangements that the counterpart should see in real time.
They are not suitable…
- To map selections of multiple people in a gallery. If several people are to express their opinion on a set of images, the color markers often get in the way. Each change in the gallery will overwrite it. Therefore, we advise against the use of color markers when working with several people in a gallery.
When is the best time to use the image selection function?
PicDrop’ss image selection feature helps you capture and store multiple views of your clients in a gallery. Your clients use them best to set final favorites in a gallery. One of the most important things in creating a picture selection is remembering to save and name them. Therefore nothing stands in the way of further work with the selection.
It is best suited…
- If several clients should select pictures. You have shared the PicDrop gallery link with several clients and they should each give their assessment of the pictures. Each picture can be selected several times.
- To set several selections for different purposes. An endless number of image selections can be created in a gallery do not affect the overall gallery. However, the selections should then be named accordingly, so that you can identify them to the respective client or purpose.
Pro Tip: Picture selections can be moved and copied to a different gallery with just a few clicks.
- To finalize a selection. By creating an image selection your clients can easily tell you which images are for final editing or go to print.
It is not suitable…
- As a step by step selection. However, the color markings and their filter options are simply clearer and intuitively understandable for your clients due to the color scheme.
- For real-time coordination with your client. In order to make arrangements with your client in real time, the image selection is a bit cumbersome, better to use the color markers.
Why shouldn’t’ both be activated at the same time?
In general, we recommend to enable only one of them (either color markers or image selection) per gallery for your clients. This prevents misunderstandings and confusion when using PicDrop. In conclusion, the color markers should be understood as temporary markers and image selections as saved image sets that you can recall at any time to continue working in the gallery.